Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I get in a weird mood when I read. I always have.

I used to read a lot when I was a little kid, actually. It got to the point where I got in trouble for reading too much, which is sort of funny on the surface, but also kind of sad now that I think about it. I didn't think it was sad then.

My parents were concerned because I did nothing but read, and they thought there was something wrong with me socially. I was a very serious little kid, which is weird to think about now, because I come off as sort of a ditz nowadays. It might be on purpose, it's probably on purpose, to compensate for the fact that I was a remarkably serious child. I had my friends, and I liked to go out and do things, but what I liked the most was to get a new book and read it on the big white chair in the living room. But if I did that, my parents would say things at me, so I started reading in my room, where my parents would come in and say things at me, so I started reading in the bathroom. I was finally safe in there, safe from their concerned looks and pointed questions.

I'm glad I turned out to be fairly normal and happy-go-lucky, because at least that means that they were wrong.

No comments: