Thursday, March 13, 2008

Things that are comforting:

My dog, and the way he just jumps up on my bed and lies next to me and then ignores me, as if he's too cool for me and can't believe he's even here
My mom's perfume that actually doesn't smell good and I would never be caught dead wearing
Macaroni and cheese
Wes Anderson movies (especially The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore)
My best friend's car
Green sweatpants
Orange juice
My big blanket
My big grey sweatshirt from that camp I went to one year
Gloves
Baking
My stuffed bear
My fish, Spike
My sunglasses
Amelie
The Big Lebowski
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The soundtrack to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
Shakespeare
Letters (mail-letters)
Letters (alphabet-letters)
Phone calls that go on late into the night, that aren't about anything bad, just to talk
My really old sneakers, the ones with the insides falling apart and the holes forming on the sides
Socks
Bathrobes
Candles
Crackers
That sound a match makes when you first light it
Soup
The song "Blackbird" by the Beatles
Well, any song by the Beatles, really
Holding hands
Hand-drawn pictures
The color green
Sweaters

No comments: